Sunday, May 23, 2010

Back in the USSA


Jeff and I arrived safely back to the US via business class on Delta (family passes- yooh, yooh!) We arrived exhausted and in culture shock, but we are adjusting. Jeff got malaria after getting to the US, but we treated it with wonderful African meds and he is recovered. We made it back in time for me to go to the baptism of the son of my life-long friend. This was really nice because I missed her wedding and the entire pregnancy and birth of her first child, so I was glad I could be there for the baptism. Jeff made it back to NY in time for his coming home party/joint birthday party with his nephew Kyle/Kyle’s graduation party/Kyle’s going away party. Quite the event! Jeff is hanging out in NY now and I am in Ohio. I’ll be getting ready to go back to IL and start teaching a summer course in early June.


So that is the end of an incredible experience. There were good and bad parts, but overall, it couldn’t be better. The beauty of the forest, the crazy animals that always kept us entertained, the wonderful people, and our intense and rewarding work. And the opportunity to experience it all together. I can’t describe how much I will miss it.


Kisses,

Krista




No comments: